Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Apple Pie

I made lots of apple pies this season and m really happy that m turning pro in it :P "self declared"
I experimented this sometime last year and somehow it wasn't that great, it was just too sweet for my taste and then I just got scared and didn't dare to make it again.
Somehow with all the baking spree this year I decided that I should just make amends and make the best pies I have ever made.

The apple pies that I have tried in the restaurants have been too buttery and heavy- I give up after a bite or two, which doesn't go down well with me.
If I eat something then I should be able to savour it and not give up too easily because its a pain to finish it.
With the right amount of butter and right amount of sweetness here is my version of apple pie :)






For the pie crust, please click on the link below for the detailed recipe:
http://somya-patra.blogspot.in/2013/10/pie-crust.html

Don't forget to thaw the dough 30 mins prior to rolling out and baking.

For the pie filling you will need:

3-4 medium sized apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
3-4 tbsp-  butter (I used salted so I didn't add extra salt in my recipe)
1 inch- cinnamon
1 pc- clove
8-10 tsp- sugar (depends on how sweet the apples are)
1 and 1/2 tsp- corn flour


  1. Roll out the pastry and line it on a pie tin with a removable base. Layer this  with apples.
  2. Using a mortar pestle, finely ground the cinnamon and clove.
  3. In a pan heat butter, sugar, corn flour and the ground cinnamon and clove dust. Stir the mixture well and remove from flame when it starts to thicken and pour it over the apples evenly.
  4. Roll out the pastry into a round disc and cut it evenly into thin strips. Cover the pie dish in a criss-cross manner as shown in the picture above.
  5. Bake the pie for 40-45 mins @ 200 degrees Celsius.
  6. Cool down to room temperature and refrigerate.
I always let it rest so the delicious apple and sugar syrup doesn't ooze out.
You can serve hot by microwaving it for a few seconds.

Foodie Out!!



No comments:

Post a Comment