Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 December 2011

Foodie at Heart

I have always been the kinds who likes to try out new and different kinds of food.... I know that my palate has not been subject to different varieties of produce and dishes, and my experience is somewhat limited, but still once a foodie, always a foodie..

Everyone has different passions.... for some it may be photography, for some writing, for some shopping, etc etc... My set of passions is somewhat varied.. I would'nt say that I am a passionate eater .... (now dont you go looking at my waist line like that... its inheritance :P)... I would say that I am more passionate about cooking...

For instance I go out to eat somewhere, I would always have the tendency to go back home to try out a dish if I really liked it... Its all about whats available in the market, I want to be able to cook it myself and may be better than outside.

Some might feel why bother the D.I.Y concept, why not spend some bucks, have a nice lil lunch and dinner out side, save the time and all the trouble. Why to put yourself through that, but you know maybe its just me, but I like cooking at home and making those dishes (masterchef bug you see) ... also my parents have this obligation of not eating outside food, so I cook for them so that they dont miss out on those junk items :P and of course get the opportunity to try everything new.

Historically speaking my Granny used to be a great cook, I grew up eating one of the best dishes which many have failed to remake, and I am from a family of great cooks who love to cook and love to eat and love to indulge ... basically Khate Peete Ghar ki Ladki...

So here I am a foodie at heart, who likes to experiment a bit in the kitchen and if a successful dish is conjured then I will surely write it down and maybe take you through the journey of cooking it at home and let you surprise your tastebuds :)



2 comments:

  1. nicely put, happy cooking :)
    Idk, i hate cooking for long hours, and entering kitchen, i have patience as much as the time needed to cook a buttertoast. The pizza above looks yumm though. Suggest a some breakfast -like dishs for me? which are fast to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton...
    I can suggest recipes to make different varieties of sandwiches if you have time for that, upma relatively easy to make, will post something for breakfast shortly!!

    ReplyDelete